The City of St. Clair contracts with LJP Waste and Recycle for weekly, curbside garbage & recycling collection services.
Garbage and recycling carts are provided by LJP. Both carts are 64-gallon granite colored carts ...
GARBAGE CART = GRAY LID
Garbage and Recycling collection day is FRIDAY.
Have items on the curb by 7:00 a.m.
2018 HOLIDAY COLLECTION SCHEDULE:
LJP WASTE and RECYCLE
2018 Garbage and Recycling Holiday Collection Schedule:
|THE WEEK OF:||COLLECTION WILL BE:|
|New Year's 2018||Saturday, January 6th|
|Memorial Day||Saturday, June 2nd|
|Independence Day||Saturday, July 7th|
|Labor Day||Saturday, September 8th|
|Thanksgiving||Saturday, November 24th|
|Christmas||Saturday, December 29th|
|New Year's 2019||Saturday, January 5th|
1 - 64 gallon gray colored cart with GRAY LID or 2 - 30 gallon bags weekly
Additional garbage must be tagged.
Tags are available at City Hall for $2.00 per tag.
If you need to dispose of a large item (old appliance, carpet, furniture, etc.) contact LJP Waste and Recycle Customer Service Dept. at 507-625-1968.
GARBAGE RATE:$13.00 per month plus tax (9.75%)
There is no limit on recyclables.
Use the cart with the YELLOW LID for recyclables.
$4.50 per month
GUIDE TO SINGLE SORT RECYCLING ...
Recyclables should be clean and dry.
Aluminum, glass, tin, and plastic containers should be rinsed.
Contact LJP Waste and Recycle 507-625-1968.
CORRUGATED CARDBOARD and MIXED PAPER
Flatten boxes and keep dry.
No need to remove stamps, address labels, tape, paper clips, staples, wire, metal fasteners, rubber bands or spiral bindings.
NOT ACCEPTED PAPER ITEMS include:
- Pizza boxes (because of the grease)
- Containers designed to go into the freezer
- Styrofoam egg cartons
- Paper tubes
- Gift wrap paper and tissue paper
- Candy and gum wrappers
- Wallpaper or sticker release paper
- Photos, transparencies, or slides
- Coffee filters or tea bags
- Styrofoam packaging, containers, or cups
ALUMINUM, TIN, GLASS and PLASTIC CONTAINERS
Please rinse all containers.
NO need to remove caps, lids or plastic tabs.
Aluminum cans, aluminum foil and pie tins are accepted.
Various types and sizes of tin cans are accepted
Green, blue, brown, and clear glass bottles are accepted.
NO window glass, auto glass, mirrors, light bulbs, glass kitchenware, pyrex, dishes, or ceramics.
PLASTIC BOTTLES and CONTAINERS (including caps and lids)
Plastic items # 1 - 7, are accepted, including:
- Coffee containers, detergent/soap bottles
- Water and milk jugs, pop bottles, water bottles
- Butter tubs and other wide-mouth tubs/containers
- Detergent and soap bottles and lids
- Ice cream pails and other white pails
- Yellow and green kitty litter pails
- Drive-through cups, yogurt cups, ‘wipe’ containers
- Empty pill bottles
NO plastic bags, plastic wrap, or plastic films
In addition to the items listed above, the following items are NOT recyclable:
- Oil, antifreeze, or fuel containers
- Razors, needles, or sharps